[lbo-talk] Rangel Is An Idiot

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 10:04:43 PST 2006

>From: "Michael Hoover" <mhhoover at gmail.com>
>
>re. rangel, was surprised that there was no lbo blathering about
>rangel's quip about who the hell wants to live in mississippi, granted
>his 'query' was prefaced by accurate criticism of state as example -
>like south and so-called red states generally - of receiving more in
>federal funds than paying out in taxes ...

I am no fan of Mississippi, but Rangel's quip was gratuitous -- just like his criticism of Hugo Chavez's UN remarks -- and of course it detracted from his entirely legitimate point that Mississippi gets back too many federal tax dollars and New York too few.

Rangel shows dangerous signs of morphing into a horse's ass of the Ed Koch mold -- counterproductively mouthing off about NYC's superiority when he should be showing some diplomatic smarts.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio powered by Pandora http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001