[lbo-talk] Anarcho: Being wrong is no hindrance when you empower the rich

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 23 10:15:57 PST 2006

Yep, the guy was a douche.

I remember in 2002, during the all the Enron, Tyco, Worldcom, etc., scandals the fucking White House celebrated his birthday at, well, the White House. Friedman had turned 90. I kept a transcript of the speech Dubya made because it's one of those uber-ideological speeches where the US govt. comes out to kneel at Capital's holy altar. It was pretty nauseating. Lots of rhetoric about how the US govt. supported the ideology and capitalism's critics were living in cloud cuckoo land.

I think Friedman got a medal or something at the White House that day, as well.

-B.

Chuck wrote:
> Being wrong is no hindrance when you empower the
rich

> by Anarcho
>
> Milton Friedman, one of the economics guru who
inspired Thatcherism has died at the age of 94. Needless to say, the praise for this supporter of capitalism was flowing. As would be expected - if your dogma favours the ruling class, being proven wrong is no hindrance.