[lbo-talk] Surrealism (was A Day When Mahdi Army Showed Its Other Side)

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 17:31:06 PST 2006

This thread is clearly an example of the old "getting rid of the difficult bit in the title".

Yoshie, you have steadfastly refused to acknowledge the stated intent and political aspirations of the theocrats you praise. I know YOU don't take their religion seriously, but they do. Very seriously indeed.

It's one thing to say that the chickens are coming home to roost - that the right-wing religious model has escaped and become a monster. But to praise The Army Of God and The Messiah's Army the way you are praising them is simply not rational. These are fundamentalist, millienialist, right-wing reactionaries. There is almost no difference between them and the Wahabis and Taliban.

Your posts are becoming more and more absurd. Right-wing insurgencies are pretty common. Why enshrine these?

The infliction, by the West, first of Saddam and then of the war to remove Saddam is the disease, certainly. But these right-wing religious insurgencies are a bad symptom. There's nothing wrong with treating the disease AND the symptom, especially when the symptom can become a disease, as it did in Afghanistan with the Taliban.

boddi