[lbo-talk] The Yoshie Syndrome

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Nov 28 19:52:51 PST 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 10:09 pm, boddi satva wrote:

> Couldn't Iran simply be a reactionary tendency? Capitalists would
> happily ignore Iran's Islamism as they ignored Saudi Islamism.

But they don't seem to be ignoring it. As far as I can tell, they're quite bothered by it, and have been ever since the Shah boarded his last jet. Not unlike Cuba, actually. Why is that, do you think?

-- --Michael J. Smith --mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org

"You have heretofore read public sentiment in your newspapers, that live by falsehood and excitement; and the quicker you seek for truth in other quarters, the better." --W.T. Sherman