[lbo-talk] The Yoshie Syndrome

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 28 20:31:53 PST 2006

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> From that I learned one thing: don't be picky about the tools you
> use to pressure who is in place. Because conservatives and
> capitalists are not picky about the tools they use to make you pay
> what they want you to pay.

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006, under the subject line, "Love (was Has the Left Gone Mad?" Yoshie wrote:

Looking at the medium run, all I can do at this point is to put leftists on notice that they should reexamine Iran and provoke discussion about it (while entertaining Carrol Cox, John Mage, Jerry Monaco, Jean-Christophe Helary, and sundry others). Events have to do the job of changing their minds, just as they have on the question of troop withdrawal from Iraq. -----

The entertainment continues. Far better to be entertained than endless fretting over dirty hands.

Of course some of the same people who whine endlessly over a humorless left get all bent out of shape over Persian Princes.

Carrol