[lbo-talk] Re: Islamophobia

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 13:20:06 PST 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi:

> Application of a double standard when it comes to
> Islam and Muslims,for starters.

Ok, sounds reasonable.

> Islamophobia is compounded by Doug's acceptance of
> the empire relative to the Islamic republic.

Well, I suppose that depends upon how one defines "acceptance."

Speaking personally, I'd much rather *live* under the aegis of the empire rather than the Islamic republic. I have a thing for Fassbinder and Godard, American Free Jazz and European Free Improvisation, The Sopranos and the Simpsons, Adorno/Marx/Benjamin, Pynchon and DeLillo, and comic books. None of that translates into support of the empire politically. I just doubt I could enjoy those things freely in the Islamic republic. This is a matter of personal preference, nothing to do with politics.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index