[lbo-talk] Re: Islamophobia

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Nov 30 08:11:14 PST 2006

Yoshie:

It's clear that Doug prefers -- and he thinks we should all prefer -- the left wing of the American power elite to the Iranian leaders, Hizballah leaders, Hamas leaders, and the like:

[WS:] And what exactly is wrong with having an opinion, political or otherwise, that favors or disfavors certain groups of people or their beliefs, values and lifestyles over others? Are we supposed to abstain from any judgment, which is tantamount to having no opinion at all? Or hold only those opinions that meet the approval of a thought authority of one sort or another?

Wojtek