[lbo-talk] Re: Islamophobia

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 29 19:07:51 PST 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> In my view, the US power elite, including those who are left-wing
> Democrats and Sanders, are a problem for the rest of the world in a
> way that the Iranian, Hizballah, and Hamas leaders and others like
> them are not, by virtue of Washington's commitment to US hegemony.

And even if Yoshie were totally wrong in this, Doug would still be totally fucked up in the post to which she is responding. Hezbollah is _no_ problem for u.s. leftists. Our _only_ problem is building opposition at home to u.s. imperialism. Bernie Sanders has demonstrated over and over again that he is with not against u.s. imperialism. Even DP politicians much better than he, politicians who themselves may hate u.s. imperialism, have only _one_ material impact on u.s. policy: they give credibility to the reactionaries of the DP. Other than that service to reaction they are only second-rate opera singers as far as achieving anything material.

Carrol