[lbo-talk] Wanted: A Major Division in the US Power Elite andRuling Class (was Curiosity)

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sun Oct 1 18:18:16 PDT 2006

======================== And yet you say the Iranian and Nicaraguan Revolutions did provoke such a split in the US ruling class. I don't it recall the elite and the American people being as agonized or as divided then as they are now over the war in Iraq. This is the biggest foreign policy crisis the US has experienced since Vietnam, and for the same reason: they have a large land army waging a vicious and unsuccessful counter-insurgency war which has weakened their international position and thrown them into a confusion about how to extricate themselves from the "quagmire". How were Iran and Nicaragua more divisive?