[lbo-talk] Wanted: A Major Division in the US Power Elite andRuling Class (was Curiosity)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 18:45:22 PDT 2006

On 10/1/06, Marvin Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Yoshie writes:
>
> > But they are all external constraints, which don't equal a major
> > division in the US power elite and ruling class.
> And yet you say the Iranian and Nicaraguan Revolutions did
> provoke such a split in the US ruling class.

No, I didn't say that. I said the Iranian and Nicaraguan revolutionaries were beneficiaries -- rather than causes -- of the US power elite and ruling class confusion in the wake of the Vietnam War and uprisings on the home front.

The Iraq War has not been quite like the Vietnam War in its impacts on the home front, nor do we have social movements comparable to Civil Rights, Black Power, Chicano, and other movements during the Vietnam War era.

-- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>