[lbo-talk] You think the GOP is sure to lose big in November?Theyaren't.

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 2 08:24:17 PDT 2006

> Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
> [WS:] I am no Republican party operative, but I pretty much feel the
> same way. And one does not need to have any inside knowledge to
> figure this out –getting over the wishful thinking and keeping the
> eyes open will suffice.

I have not read a single article on this subject, nor am I going to either before or after the election. It _really_ won't make any difference. Even if the DP were what its gullible left supporters believe it to be it (or its left 'wing') will not elect enough Congress members to make any difference in policy over the next 6 years. Any change in policy will come from non-electoral events (at home or abroad).

This arguing about the election in advance is not only gossip, its more trivial gossip than discussion of Paris Hilton's beachside habits.

Carrol