Cultural preferences inconsistent with fascism? (Re: [lbo-talk] Psychic TV -- worth seeing?

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 06:04:35 PDT 2006

On 10/3/06, Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Contemporary Nazis in Germany listen to Hip-Hop and
> Techno, wear Palestinian scarves, chant "Intifada
> until victory" at their demos, wave Iraqi flags, and
> in their publications are often more anti-capitalist
> and more anti-imperialist than the reformist, statist
> "left".

But are they pro-immigrant?

Both the Right and far Right in Europe have updated their ideologies in keeping with changed circumstances far more so than in the USA or Japan, but they seem to me to be united by their anti-immigrant xenophobia, which is also shared by the center Left and sometimes even some parts of the far Left. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>