[lbo-talk] Susie Bright on Foley etc

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 3 15:01:19 PDT 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 5:52 PM, Charles A. Grimes wrote:

> Anyway, there is an ethical issue here. If you find nothing wrong with
> Foley or his boyfriends, is it really a valid ethical position to
> castigate him? See, I have this conflict. I hate jerks like Foley who
> have made use of homophobia and some indistinct public
> fear/fascination with sexuality. It would great fun to destory him and
> the Repugnants with such faux scandals. But somehow that is just as
> perverse a use of the political realm as the Right---which has
> succeeded in destorying any political discourse, just as they did with
> Clinton and Monica.

Yup, exactly. That's why I posted that Dem press release from the other day with the subject heading "shameless pandering." It's crap. I can understand, from a purely opportunistic point of view, why they're doing it. But it's unprincipled crap.

It's so good to see someone pointing out that 16-year-olds aren't kids, too.

Doug