[lbo-talk] Canada: imperialist or vassal?

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:21:57 PDT 2006

On 10/5/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Andy F <andy274 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 10/4/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I, for one, welcome our new Canadian overlords.
> >
> > Hey! You're in Russia!
>
> Canado-Fascism is a threat to us all. NO APPEASEMENT!
>
> On second thought, Russia would seem to be Canada's
> natural ally in this new adventure. The US is
> occupying the historically Russian lands of Alaska and
> oppressing the still largely Russian Orthodox native
> population. Time for a new Pact of Steel! On to Anchorage!

Today's a good day to remember what could have belonged to Canada: on 5 October 1813, in the Battle of the Thames (near Chatham-Kent, Ontario), the Americans defeated the British troops and American Indian fighters, who were tactically allied with each other, and reestablished their control over the Northwest Territory (covering Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, and northeastern Minnesota), slaying Tecumseh and putting an end to his valiant attempt to unite American Indians across tribes and defend their lands from settlers. Ottawa could sponsor a separatist movement in the former Northwest Territory -- call it the Tecumseh* Liberation Front!

* Cf. <http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Tecumseh%27s_War.png>. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>