[lbo-talk] good night, Ned

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 5 20:06:38 PDT 2006

> Marvin Gandall wrote:
>>
>> those activists who would not support even the most progressive
>> Democrat "on principle"
>
> Name one person who has given this reason or anything approximating this
> reason for refusing to support the DP!
>
> This love some people have for strawmen becomes very tedious.
================== I've known many Trotskyists and others who do not support the DP on principle because it is a "bourgeois party".

I'm startled to learn you do not oppose Democrats on principle, either. Your denunciation of leftists who have supported the DP ("ABB'ers") would seem to at least "approximate" this position.

In fact, your pretty unequivocal statement earlier tonight was what prompted my intervention on this thread:

"All the occasional DP leftist in the Senate or the House does is to provide cover for the essentially reactionary direction of the DP. One Wellstone does more for the right than 20 Liebermans."

How is not a rejection on principle of supporting progressive Democrats?