[lbo-talk] Psychic TV -- worth seeing?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 05:48:26 PDT 2006

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't think either Rice or P-Orridge are
> politically
> fascist in any meaningful sense. They come from a
> twilight, performance art sort of milieu where it's
> dumb to project too much politicization onto it.
> They
> might come out in a Nazi SS uniform one night,
> bubble
> wrap the next night, etc.

Right. It's role-playing. No more meaningful than when Salvador Dali announced that Hitler was a perfect surrealist figure to be admired. Absurdity was the whole point, as was shock value. Getting people outraged at them is precisely what they want. As is the case with Zhirinovsky and Dugin in Russia. It's political, street theater performance art. It has nothing to do with real politics at all.