[lbo-talk] good night, Ned

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Fri Oct 6 10:40:09 PDT 2006

>I don't understand your point.

I think I may have misread you. I thought you were saying that antiwar leftists must support *either* the DP *or* the Greens, a reading not totally without grounding based on what you had written a couple of paragraphs previous:

>Lamont is not as important as the antiwar movement which formed under him,
>of which he is only the expression. A Lamont defeat will demoralize and halt
>it. A Lamont victory, and others like it, would sustain and encourage it.

This sounds like you are saying that the antiwar movement's fortunes rise and fall with the fortunes of candidates for elected office. It's this that I disagree with.