[lbo-talk] Scientism

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Oct 6 11:00:18 PDT 2006

ravi wrote:

>Have you ever read or heard of this thing called the Ferber Method?

Yup.

But, on the matter of putting babies to sleep, I am very primitive; I think it best for them to sleep with their parents.

I think it is barbaric to expect small children (under seven) to sleep alone. It goes against every natural instinct of the mother and the child.

At any rate, I slept with my kids until they were about 8 or 9, at which point they wanted to sleep alone.

This meant that I would get into bed with them, wait five minutes until they went to sleep, and then get up and do whatever until I was ready to sleep, at which point I would rejoin them.

If you have a mate, you have to do the sex stuff in another room.

Also, if you don't like your kids or resent your kids or hate your kids, it's probably better if you let them sleep by themselves.

Joanna