[lbo-talk] good night, Ned

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Oct 7 11:24:58 PDT 2006

On Oct 7, 2006, at 2:18 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Oct 2006, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> public opinion on Iraq has moved a lot since 2004, and there's no
>> movement at all to show for it.
>
> Is it possible that we just have an obsolete picture of what
> constitutes a movement -- i.e., people marching in the street and
> at rallies?

We have a set of feelings about Iraq, but no mechanism to force politicians to listen. The Dems are running from it as an issue. Yeah, sure there are all these wonderful means of communication, but there's virtually no mainstream politician embracing the logic of withdrawal. Where's the McGovern of the anti-Iraq-war movement? Ned Lamont? Ha.

Doug