[lbo-talk] Russian journalist murdered

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 8 10:42:34 PDT 2006

It needs to be pointed out - with respect to Anna Politkovskaya - that she was a Western darling. In Russia only the most "rejectionist anti-Putin" members of the intelligentia continued to listen to her. Her murder is for Western consumption - I am convinced of this! Reading through about 50 articles on her death via google, 99% of the writers are either Westerners (who can't speak or read Russian) or their Russian friends.

Pls don't get me wrong. I didn't like AP, but her murder is simply awful. She had her agenda and gig. Fair enough in the world of media and politics.......

Michael Givel <mgivel at earthlink.net> wrote: Which does raise the obvious question who is and is not among Russian journalists vigorously condemning this assassination? Also said conversely, who among Russian journalists is not vigorously condemninig this assassination and attack on press freedom and what are we to deduce from a lack of silence on this point?