[lbo-talk] Re: RSF on Press Freedom

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:55:03 PDT 2006

On 10/9/06, Michael Givel <mgivel at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Really? A ranking of 137 out of 167 and 157 out of 167 is a whitewash? You
> have an interesting definition of whitewash. I prefer to see this as an
> affirmation that Bush's policy about Iraq and democracy is baloney---lack of
> politcal freedom. Time to tell the world I would think.
>
> On the other hand why don't you try your opinion out that 137 out of 167 is
> a whitewash on impartial people and see what they think about that. Let me
> know what they say after you are done.

Look at the home page of RSF, and see what kind of action it is demanding, above all: "Russia Call for rally outside Russian embassy in Paris in protest against journalist's murder, international investigation demanded" (at <http://www.rsf.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=20>).

That's their priority.

-- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>