[lbo-talk] Why Richard Hofstadter Is Still Worth Reading

Jesse Lemisch utopia1 at attglobal.net
Tue Oct 10 14:46:22 PDT 2006

There's a strange mode of argument on this list, in which criticism of Hofstadter is seen as synonymous with romanticizing movements from below. This is a logical leap that I don't see anybody on this list making. This is a little like saying that criticism of Beard constitutes admiration of fascist rule. Get hold of yourself, Mike.

Jesse Lemisch