[lbo-talk] Raimondo on Iraqi death toll

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 14 09:23:32 PDT 2006

>From: "Michael Pugliese" <michael.098762001 at gmail.com>
>
> You didn't click his embedded URL's which go to the discredited
>R.J. Rummel stats on Communist genocide ...

You were apparently too busy clicking footnotes to note my prefatory comment about this piece: "[Raimondo] ... cuts though all the methodological chitchat about the Johns Hopkins study to focus to on the central point: '... a nation that was supposed to be "liberated" – ... has been turned into a slaughterhouse. Whatever the numbers, that is the cruel reality.'"

This isn't a scholarly exercise or look at the dusty past. It concerns life-and-death issues here and now. There is no more urgent concern in the world at present than this: The US and UK have, beyond cavil, created a slaughterhouse in Iraq. These two nations can expect terrible global Islamic retribution for years to come unless they swiftly change their policies and hold their top government officials accountable for war crimes.

Carl