[lbo-talk] Michael Turner picks apart Cooper's "Rorschach" analogy

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Oct 16 12:24:33 PDT 2006

The eternal victim of the left asked me: Turner read any of these?

A side note, Serge Thion, below, as those who have read Finkelkraut on French ultra-left Holocaust Denial and Cambodian-American Sophal Ear on Chomsky, Herman, Lacouture, Laura Summers, Kiernan, Chandler, Gareth Porter, and Malcolm Caldwell (killed by the KR), reads him w/caution.

Kiernan's book on Pol Pot and KR, was published by Verso.

--Of course he's read those, he's a very careful and sharp reader of the literature, and a former Pentagon analyst to boot. And he does a great job picking apart the bogus numbers and suggests what are far less hysteria oriented readings of the numbers. Seriously, just go check out his arguments with hawkish dilletantes like Totten or similar types at Cooper's blog.

BTW, I notice you've successfully turned attention away from Turner's devestating reply to Cooper's sloppy 'rorschascher' analogy for the quite carefully , played by US military playbook, methodology of the recent Lancet study. Smart tactic. Avoid the icon being refuted and stick to non-sequitors.

Steve

Stephen Philion Assistant Professor Department of Sociology and Anthropology St. Cloud State University St. Cloud, MN

http://stephenphilion.efoliomn2.com/