[lbo-talk] Re: The Conspiracy Industry

Michael Givel mgivel at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 17 13:08:05 PDT 2006

lbo-talk] The Conspiracy Industry ravi ravi.bulk at gmail.com

Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author Sort by: Date Rank Author Subject Reverse Sort

I would be fascinated indeed. Perhaps the original poster who found it important to discuss 9/11 "conspiracies" by forwarding the all-mighty opinion of Miegs, should be the one to bear the burden of finding out the views of this great intellectual ;-) on the real issues that are extremely important to leftists, such as LBO members, and forwarding that to us in penance ;-).

--ravi

Would you?

I am not in the slightest bit interested as my comment was made in a sarcastic tone. What Miegs thinks or does not think has very little relevance to stopping the war and other important matters (unless of course you think he is tied to some mysterious and unproven insider cabal conspiracy theory) in which case he then becomes part of the mysterious insider conspiracy and by implication anyone else who happens to post his very sound argument as well, which provides a sound warning why much of the left has gone off on a wild goose chase on this issue. That of course has been the subject of numerous recent exposes by many observers on the left ranging from Alexander Cockburn, Doug Henwood, Chip Berlet, Amy Goodman, and the list goes on and on lamenting how the left in general has gone off the deep end on this issue. 36% of Americans also believe this hooey and the Internet is alive with so-called "9/'11 Truth" advocates--one of whom is running for the 14th Congressional District of California on the Green Party ticket.

So by all means go entertain yourself with this question of what Miegs stands for!!!!! Like 9/11 conspiracy theories, in my view, it has not much to do with serious social change.