[lbo-talk] Finkestein hangs Marty P out to dry

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 18:30:05 PDT 2006

> Michael McIntyre wrote:
>

> So, Angelus and MPug, a couple of questions:
> (1) Was Norman right or wrong about:
> (a) Joan Peters?

I remember reading his piece in In These Times vs. Peters back in the 80's. agreed then, agree now. The Peters book was ideologically driven.

> (b) Daniel Goldhagen?

I learned a bit from his NLR piece vs. Goldhagen w/Birn and read the subsequent short book. Made some useful points but w/o having read more than Goldhagen's replies on his website and Omer Bertov, more recently in his Holocaust and the Historians book but, not G's long tome, I'd decline further comment.

As a ex-Catholic though his long piece in TNR on Pope Pius and the Holocaust was brilliant.

> (c) Alan Dershowitz?

Well, here I'd have to say both F and D are vicious scumbags, disingenuous mofos. Though 9 out of anti-Zionist clinicians on this list would call me a Zionist, I'd say I am anti-anti-Zionist, heh. How's that for an allusion to anti-anti-communism?!

-- Michael Pugliese