[lbo-talk] Oh dear, LBO patronises Europe again (was Let's Build)

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 18 22:15:31 PDT 2006

M. Pugliese writes:

>...European Anti-Americanism (and Anti-Semitism): Ever Present
>Though Always Denied...
>
>...European antipathies towards many things American date back
>at least to July 5, 1776, if not before.

That, I suppose, is why France bankrupred itself to save our Revolution, and then, a century later, gifted us with our greatest (actually our only great) piece of public art. Or why that echt-European, G.W.F. Hegel, concluded his *Philosophy of History* with the statement that to see the future his successors would have to look to "the forests of North America."

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos