[lbo-talk] Oh dear, LBO patronises Europe again (was Let's Build)

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 17:26:13 PDT 2006

--- Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> AMERIKA, DICH HASST SICH's BESSER. ANTIAMERIKANISMUS
> UND
> ANTISEMITISMUS IN EUROPA is now in its 3rd edition,

Excellent book, cannot be recommended enough.

Seriously, everyone on this list must buy a copy. I realize that "Anti-americanism" is used by the servants of American capital as invective against dissidents, but this is not the case in Markovits' book. It is a scientific, non-polemical, very enlightening study of the ideological constitution of the idea of "Europe".

>from KONKRET-LITERATUR VERLAG that
> publishes the wonderful
> monthly magazine KONKRET.

The second best regularly published communist periodical.

Founded by Klaus Rainer Röhl with financial support from the German Democratic Republic, most famous for Ulrike Meinhof's editorial work, which she ceased when she joined the RAF in 1970.

Since 1974 published by the great Hermann L. Gremliza, the only example I know of where someone went from being a social democrat to a communist during the time of the German reunification.

Konkret publishes many stupid things (including the awful, vile, anti-muslim Horst Pankow) but also many brilliant things (including the gifted music critic and libertarian communist Felix Klopotek).