[lbo-talk] new page scandal?

ravi ravi.bulk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 13:21:44 PDT 2006

At around 19/10/06 3:42 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:
> [The Note reported that another shoe was about to drop, and this could
> well be it...]
>
> <http://www.wonkette.com/politics/jerry-weller/meet-jerry-
> weller-208722.php>

Please, please, I implore you, fix the broken URLs people! I used to think MS Outlook was brain-dead for breaking URLs, which have no word boundaries, but:

Apple Mail is one level worse it seems! It actually breaks the URL and to mask its heinous act, adds a format-flowed space at the end, so the link is rendered unbroken, but won't be click-able.

I doubt I can convince old Doug to move off the one and only ugly app on MacOS X, but perhaps TinyURL? There is even a Dashboard widget:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/networking_security/shrink.html

(with my luck the above will get wrapped in Thunderbird leading to reverse flames ;-)).

What it has to do with Networking Security I have no clue!

One more thing: all those involved in the suburbs debate, if anyone (Carl?) wants to trade me a decent 2-bedroom in Manhattan for a ~2000 square foot house (albeit not independent: its 4 condos to a block, but heck, if you want to trade I will buy you a bloody new house!), please contact me. I will even trade you a 3 miles / hour commute on I-287 for the "dysfunctional" NY subway. You can have my Ducati for free... clutch riding on 1st at 3mph while bent into a pretzel... that's the great joy of suburbia and its all yours!

--ravi