[lbo-talk] Re:

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 19:05:00 PDT 2006

"Ich kann nicht mich hilfen . . . ." -- It worked better for Clarence Darrow in the Leopold and Loeb case.

Btw, did you notice that in the latest Woody Allen, I forget the title, with Allen & Scarlett Johanssen (whom I like, all those curves, even if she is white and blonde), the bad guy whistles In The Hall Of the Mountain King when he's planning to do some poor woman in?

But anyway, there are lots of films where a speech is pivotal. (This paraphrased from memory:) "Yesh, schweetheart, I'm turning you in. (But you said you loved me?!) What'sh love got to do with it? Maybe I do love you and and maybe I don't, and I'll shay this just onsh because you won't undershtand. When a man's partner is killed, he's shupposed to do shomething about it. It doesn't matter what you thought of him; he wasz your partner, and you're shupposed to do something about it. It's bad for business, bad for detectives everywhere to let your partner get knocked off and let it ride. . . . So, yes, schweetheart, I'm turning you in. I hope they don't hang you by that pretty neck of yours. You might get got with a good lawyer and those big eyes, or get 20 years. And if you get out, I'll be waiting for you."

. . . .

"What's that?" (about the Bird) "The stuff that dreamns are made of."

More briefly: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"

Or: "I'm melting!"

Or anything that Howard Hawks or Prestom Sturghes did. His Girl Friday. The Palm Beach Story.