[lbo-talk] Feminism and the False Memory Syndrome

Jesse Lemisch utopia1 at attglobal.net
Fri Oct 20 14:08:56 PDT 2006

From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <critical.montages at gmail.com>
> Suppose that one day a woman (or a man) accuses you of raping her (or
> him) or sexually harassing her (or him) or whatever. Am I supposed to
> believe the accuser automatically?

This is an astoundingly retrograde way of dealing with this issue, utterly uninformed by feminist views. It's a cartoon version of every charge of rape/molestation. As I subsequently explained, my critique of Portside should have been placed in response to Heartfield's post. But the following constiutes a dismissal of the whole issue, and with no evidence of any acquaintance with Bettina Aptheker's book. I

> Look, I don't run Portside -- I run MRZine; and I'd be happy to
> publish a criticism of Herbert Aptheker's work there provided it
> doesn't include "recovered memory."
> --
> Yoshie

Jesse Lemisch