[lbo-talk] Median income higher than in 1985

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Oct 21 23:47:21 PDT 2006

This is how numbers lie. I came to this country in 63 and within five years, my father owned a modest three bedroom house, which he sold twenty years later for a 1000% profit. An immigrant, he supported a family of four on one union salary. My sister and I got a Ph.D. (with no debt) and an M.A. (with very little debt). He retired with social security, a pension, and health care benefits.

I don't care what the numbers say; his life is just not possible anymore for 90% of the working class.

Joanna