[lbo-talk] Paranoid Styles, Soviet and American (was Hamas "a project of Shin Bet")

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 22 16:30:14 PDT 2006

On Oct 21, 2006, at 2:14 PM, Jesse Lemisch wrote:

> MRzine seems to be under archaic control, very much in tune with
> the social
> conservatism of David Horowitz et. al. As I've said, a solid wall
> of male
> solidarity

Except that Yoshie is a woman.

I'm confused. You think there's no reason to read Hofstadter's books to test whether your claims about him are true, but you think Yoshie and all other skeptics should read Bettina Aptheker's account even if they're skeptical about those sorts of memories and narratives. Reading her book won't change people's opinions about whether "recovered memories" are credible or not.

Doug