[lbo-talk] Paranoid Styles, Soviet and American (was Hamas "a project of Shin Bet")

Jesse Lemisch utopia1 at attglobal.net
Sun Oct 22 17:14:29 PDT 2006

It's good to have Doug finally weighing in on this, but he seems to have missed a lot. Of course I have used the proper pronouns in reagard to Yoshie. It's not my problem if in her views she joins what I found on this and other lists to be, "a solid wall of male solidarity."

And here again we have somebody citing the day-school monstrosities, in which children were manipulated to "recover" memories, and after all this, no awareness of a central point that has been made repeatedly: Bettina recovered thiese memories in her sixties.

One of the diffculties involved in discussing these matters with illiterates (Pope-like, Doug bestows the title "voices of reason") who haven't read the book about which they endlessly pontificate is that matters that are obvious to anybody who has read the book are not known to these alleged voices of reason. e.g. that Bettina did confront Herbert with all this, and -- unless you think it's a lie -- he acknowledged it, and all this was done in the presence of a witness, albeit one friendly to Bettina, but a witness nonetheless.

Jesse Lemisch