[lbo-talk] Paranoid Styles, Soviet and American (was Hamas "a project of Shin Bet")

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Sun Oct 22 17:48:22 PDT 2006

Jesse wrote: And here again we have somebody citing the day-school monstrosities, in which children were manipulated to "recover" memories, and after all this, no awareness of a central point that has been made repeatedly: Bettina recovered thiese memories in her sixties.

--yes, and Vietnam Vets who ‘recovered’ memories of being ‘spat on’ did so when they were near 50…big deal. They were still wrong, their version of history, both individually lived and collective, was warped I’m afraid. The recovered memory craze happened 2 decades ago though, you might wanna get in a time capsule and go back...you can join in on the then widespread panics about day care center workers sexually abusing and torturing innocent little children and babies...

Steve

Stephen Philion Assistant Professor Department of Sociology and Anthropology St. Cloud State University http://www.stcloudstate.edu/sociology/faculty/philion.asp

http://tcalsc.blogspot.com/

Stephen Philion Assistant Professor Department of Sociology and Anthropology St. Cloud State University St. Cloud, MN

http://stephenphilion.efoliomn2.com/