[lbo-talk] The God Delusion

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 24 09:34:15 PDT 2006

Carl wrote:

> (Btw, I prefer to think of J. Cash as a person of drugs rather
>than faith.

However you prefer to think of him, he was a person of drugs and faith.

>Plus, it's news to me that A. Warhol believed in anything but
>money.)

[...]

Art historian John Richardson, in his eulogy at a memorial Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York, called Warhol's spiritual side, known only to his closest friends, "the key to the artist's psyche."

The man often called the Pope of Pop attended Mass several times a week, worked in a soup kitchen, kept a crucifix and devotional book on his bedside table and prayed daily with his mother, a devout Byzantine Catholic who lived with him until her death in 1972.

He never went to confession but was "bonding with a God and a Christ above and beyond the church," the pastor of St. Vincent Frerer, the Catholic church near Warhol's Manhattan town house, told Dillenberger in an interview.

[...]

http://www.sarcc.org/a_look_at_andy.htm

>Johnny Cash and Andy Warhol, two people I'd rather have around.
>
>Hmm, I'm afraid you're out of luck unless you are unusually skilled with a
>ouija board.

Hardy har har. We've still got the records and paintings.