[lbo-talk] The God Delusion

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 09:58:55 PDT 2006

>From: Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>
>
>Carl wrote:
>
>> (Btw, I prefer to think of J. Cash as a person of drugs rather
>>than faith.
>
>However you prefer to think of him, he was a person of drugs and faith.

In any event, Cash was a great singer and a real standup guy.

>>Plus, it's news to me that A. Warhol believed in anything but
>>money.)
>
>Art historian John Richardson, in his eulogy at a memorial Mass at St.
>Patrick's Cathedral in New York, called Warhol's spiritual side, known
>only to his closest friends, "the key to the artist's psyche."

OTOH: "In 1975 Warhol published 'THE philosophy of Andy Warhol.' In this book he describes what art is: 'Making money is art, and working is art and good business is the best art.'" <http://www.artelino.com/articles/andy_warhol.asp>

Still another testament to Warhol's gravitas is the fact that he was a "very serious collector" of cookie jars. <http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=10044&si=123>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get today's hot entertainment gossip http://movies.msn.com/movies/hotgossip?icid=T002MSN03A07001