[lbo-talk] WBAI

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 24 11:17:58 PDT 2006

On Oct 24, 2006, at 12:04 PM, Joseph Wanzala quoted:

> Steve Brown...

...on the topic of WBAI. WBAI is a hotbed of racial accusations of the most debased and depressing sort. Supporters of the current management team call almost anyone who criticizes them "racist." And even though much of what he writes is right, Steve Brown has harmed the cause of reviving the station by saying racially inflammatory things that make it all too easy for management apologists to make the charges stick. The opposition to the so-called "Justice and Unity" slate <http://justiceandunity.org/> is, alas, almost entirely white. It's very hard to take sides in this. Meanwhile, the current fundraiser - scheduled to last 24 days, the longest I remember in the 18 years I've been around the station - is limping along, at about 25% short of its goal. Sad.

Doug