[lbo-talk] Chomsky vs Marx/Lukacs

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 16:44:14 PDT 2006

--- Jerry Monaco <monacojerry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Marx provided a nice model, and he was a great
> writer but why exagerate his
> contribution?

Not just a nice model, a pretty damn good one. It is an abstract model of a "pure" capitalism, just like the neo-classical economists have their "pure" capitalism models, only Marx's model is better because it does not assume a frictionless system or tranquil equilibrium.

> This is an old tired argument, but if
> you think that there is
> any theoretical knowledge offered by Foucault,
> Derrida, or any of that crew,

I don't think Foucault offers any "models", if that is what you mean by "theory", but I have only started to read Foucault.

I have not read Derrida.

> I am happy to leave you with your own form of
> superstion and mumbo-jumbo.

Boring. This is polemic disguised as an argument. And falsely attributing positions to me, as well(as stated above, I have only superficial familiarity with Foucault, and none with Derrida).