[lbo-talk] The God Delusion

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Oct 24 22:06:21 PDT 2006

Jeffrey Fisher wrote:

> maybe i'm misunderstanding joanna and jerry, but at the moment i'm
> finding it very interesting that my own anecdote -- a very small part
> of a very long story leading up to and including my present a/theistic
> position -- has suddenly landed me on the side of those hostile to
> religion.

Well, I understood the invitation to report anecdotes of unbelief as the equivalent of offering evidence of the meaninglessness of religion. If I misinterpreted your story, I apologize.

But could you say more about the difference between negative theology and atheism. I think most people who call themselves atheists mean that they do not believe in god, nor in any significance to religion or religious feeling in any form....except as a form of delusion -- of self and others.

Thanks,

Joanna