[lbo-talk] The Importance of Burying "Dead Stalinists" (was Re:Let's Lock Up 14% of All Men Who Have Ever Married!)

Michael Hoover mhhoover at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 14:06:26 PDT 2006

On 10/25/06, Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:
> For better or worse, a majority of American feminists today have never
> heard of either Herbert Aptheker or Bettina Aptheker. I bet that
> 99.99% of them are not interested in the history of the American
> Communist Party, SDS, etc. either. Both the old and (now old) New
> Lefts are dead issues to them.
> Yoshie

for better or worse, percentage of all persons in the u.s. who have ever heard of either aptheker is smaller than that above attributed to american feminists, same for lack of interest in cp, sds, etc. (although i have it on good word that there is growing curiosity among the masses for the marxist vegetarian current as well as the left curmudgeon tendency)...

an obvious tragedy if the father did what the daughter says he did, also a tragedy if daughter's memory about the father is incorrect, i am agnostic about the situation - i don't know nor can i know whether the allegations are true (or accurate, for that matter, the father could have committed certain acts but not the ones alleged)...

i'm able to believe that the father sexually abused the daughter, i'm also able to be believe in caution with regard to release of the daughter's repressed memory, both views are based on information/knowledge about such acts by fathers/males *and* about the unreliability of memory...

guess i'm wishy-washy... mh