[lbo-talk] The Importance of Burying "Dead Stalinists" (was Re:Let's Lock Up 14% of All Men Who Have Ever Married!)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 07:02:55 PDT 2006

On 10/25/06, Jesse Lemisch <utopia1 at attglobal.net> wrote:
> This is reason # 104 that has been offered for disgregarding injuries done
> to women: That's, oh so... yesterday.... let's get on to the really
> important issues...
> This reminds me of early SDS dismissing feminism as "petty bourgeois," a
> concern that stands in the way of revolution.

For better or worse, a majority of American feminists today have never heard of either Herbert Aptheker or Bettina Aptheker. I bet that 99.99% of them are not interested in the history of the American Communist Party, SDS, etc. either. Both the old and (now old) New Lefts are dead issues to them.

Whom do today's American feminists read instead? Eve Ensler, bell hooks, etc. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>