[lbo-talk] Karen Armstrong on veiling

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 18:59:50 PDT 2006

On 10/27/06, sharif islam <sharif.islam at gmail.com> wrote:

> How is these relevant to the articles I quoted? I was trying to point
> out the overlooked issue of controlling women's body in the veiling
> debate.
>
> --sharif

The debate on the French Left (as well as the recent contretemps over what Jack straw said) around the veil had as one of its focal points, the reactionary sexual politics of Islamists, "controlling women's bodies."

And, ravi, dontcha know I emulate Louis Zukofsky, heh?! That Jackson Pollock http://www.pist.ca/images/articles/1cia_2.jpg , why he was just a tool in the Cold War psy-ops, " Abstract Expressionism as CIA Plot, " http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/2231/

http://www.pist.ca/article.php/1cia

HOW NEW YORK STOLE THE IDEA OF MODERN ART Abstract Expressionism, Freedom, and the Cold War. By Serge Guilbaut. Translated by Arthur Goldhammer.

1

2

3

E '