[lbo-talk] From shock therapy to consumer cure: Russia's middle class starts spending

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 10:22:00 PST 2006

I really do think that a lot of the Western journo and pseudo-intellectual pundoid animus against Putin is simply traceable to the fact that in the 1990s they had all the money and influence, and were treated like gods, whereas today nobody in Russia gives a flucking fuck about them. It's like they take high Russian living standards as a personal insult. I also think there's a bit of anti-Slav racism lurking beneath the surface, actually.