[lbo-talk] Circulation Plunges at Major US Newspapers

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 31 11:20:52 PST 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Steven L. Robinson wrote:

> I am no fan of big newspapers given their sordid history in this
> country (e.g., the Hearst and Pullitzer press getting the US into
> the Spanish American war)

That was long ago, and those were some shitty papers. We could all make a long list of what's wrong with the big newspapers, but I really don't understand how anyone could know what's going on in the U.S. or the larger world without the likes of the NYT, WP, LAT, WSJ. Magazines, radio, TV, and the blogosphere would be lost wihtout 'em.

Doug