[lbo-talk] Dealing with the 'new anti-semitism'

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 07:08:02 PDT 2006

--- Bill Bartlett <billbartlett at dodo.com.au> wrote:

(even if the people who already
> live there don't
> want it and would be definition be required to be
> expelled)

Migration and expulsion are part of the history of the world. Do you think every nation-state is comprised of the original inhabitants of a particular geographical strip? Now look who's being childlike in their naivete.

>Of
> course only a hopeless utopian fool could express a
> principled
> opposition to nations and states under any and every
> material
> circumstances, the very idea of a capitalist system
> operating outside
> of the framework of the state is absurd.

That's why I am opposed to the capitalist system. You seem to want to retain both the state and capitalism. If so, I don't know why you become so apoplectic. After all, your side is winning (the side of people who are supporters of state and capital).

> Possibly Angel is
> quite young,
> probably as thick as two short planks. maybe he even
> suffers from
> some form of mental retardation. (How bad is the
> pollution in
> Germany? Heavy metal poisoning would solve the
> puzzle?)

Resorting to personal insult is usually a sign that you don't have anything of substance to say. When you originally through around the word "genocide," and I objected, I assumed you would offer some evidence to the contrary. Calling someone retarded is not exactly

a convincing argument.

>It ignores the widespread objections to
> the very notion of
> mono-cultural or mono-religious nation states

Is Israel mono-cultural and mono-religious? As I understand, there are substantial Arab and Druze minorities.