[lbo-talk] Dealing with the 'new anti-semitism'

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Sun Sep 3 07:29:53 PDT 2006

At 7:08 AM -0700 3/9/06, Angelus Novus wrote:

>(even if the people who already
>> live there don't
>> want it and would be definition be required to be
>> expelled)
>
>Migration and expulsion are part of the history of the
>world. Do you think every nation-state is comprised
>of the original inhabitants of a particular
>geographical strip? Now look who's being childlike in
>their naivete.

Dinosaurs are also part of the history of the world. Do you think it is impossible for the world, or human society, to evolve?

>That's why I am opposed to the capitalist system. You
>seem to want to retain both the state and capitalism.

Wrong again, on both counts.

>If so, I don't know why you become so apoplectic.
>After all, your side is winning (the side of people
>who are supporters of state and capital).

I guess what bothers me most of all is that you are claiming to be on my side. With friends like you, enemies would be the least of our problems.

> >It ignores the widespread objections to
>> the very notion of
>> mono-cultural or mono-religious nation states
>
>Is Israel mono-cultural and mono-religious? As I
>understand, there are substantial Arab and Druze
>minorities.

So now you are pretending not to have heard that Israel is, by design, a Jewish state? Or is it a pretense? What could possibly be the point of such a pretense? That's what I ask myself? I mean, surely you can't be thick enough to think you'll fool anyone? Perhaps you are deliberately trying to provoke outrage, that is to say you are a pure and genuine Troll?

Any way I look at it, you're a fascinating subject. Never come across anything quite like it before. Anyone else got any thoughts?

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas