[lbo-talk] Dealing with the 'new anti-semitism'

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 07:27:39 PDT 2006

--- Wendy Lyon <wendy.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know anyone who thinks that every
> self-defined national group
> should have its own state. I'm not even sure that's
> possible, as a
> practical matter.

In Dagestan, which is about the size of Maryland, you have 34 different national groups. They speak one language on the top of the mountain, another on the side of the moountain, and yet another in the valley beneath the mountain.

The whole "nations should all have states" idea can be rather absurd in some situations.