[lbo-talk] anti-imperialist statement for U.S. Labor Day march

Aaron Shuman maruta_us at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 10:51:59 PDT 2006

>From www.bayanusa.org...

We are from Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Middle East .We would not be here today if the U.S. had not waged war on our people, steal our natural resources . if our HOMELANDS has not been devastated by imperialist wars of aggression, and impoverished by imperialist economic plunder. The U.S. pushes imperialist globalization BUT criminalizes our globalized workforce. They want FREE TRADE insisting on the freedom of global capital to penetrate our homeland economies but OPPOSE people’s freedom to find work and migrate. They want the freedom to set up their factories wherever they can find the cheapest labor, and the freedom to PRIVATIZE our public resources and repatriate their profits. YET they deny us the freedom to find a decent livelihood, the right to REUNIFY with our families, and they DENY our contribution to this economy and our equal place in this society.

Expose the imperialist agenda behind these Immigration Attacks!

Join the ANTI-IMPERIALIST contingent at the

"Labor Day March & Rally for Immigrants Rights"

MON, SEPT 4, 10AM @ JUSTIN HERMAN PLAZA

Look for the crowd in Red

APICAW (Asian Pacific Islanders against War)

BAYAN USA (Bagong Alyansang Makabayan)

City College SF Coalition

Deporten a La Migra

Filipino Community Center / NAFCON

International League of People's Struggles (ILPS)

MAY 1ST Alliance ________________________________________________________________________

Monday, September 4, 10 a.m. at Justin Herman Plaza at Embarcadero, (foot of Market St .) March through Market St. to Civic Center Plaza , San Francisco

The Bay Area, the Regional Unity Coalition for Immigrants Rights in the United States, a network of community, labor, civic, religious and civic organizations, announces its Labor Day March and Rally for the Rights of Immigrants to be held on Monday, September 4, 2006 beginning at 10 a.m. at Embarcadero and ending at the Civic Center Plaza in San Francisco. On this day the many contributions to society that the immigrant workers provide will be highlighted and applauded. Immigrants and workers are one and the same.

The March and Rally is part of a national day of action to call attention to the unfinished agenda of fixing our country's broken immigration legal system, and to insert the need for a just and humane immigration reform law granting full legalization for those who work and pay taxes.

Meanwhile, Congress denigrates immigrants by discussing sterile proposals that do not integrally address the dysfunctional immigration system in the country and the root causes of migration flows. Global economic and financial restructuring is victimizing millions of workingwomen and men throughout the world, forcing them to emigrate in order to seek options for the survival of their families. Those who come to the U.S. contribute to the strengthening of our economy, enrich the diversity and development of their communities, and contribute to the economies and stability of their countries of origin with the remittances they send home.

Our movement will continue to grow, to strengthen, to unite, and to create the necessary regional and national structures to maintain our firm commitment to this cause until just, humanitarian, and practical laws are put into place.

It is time for audacious decisions. Our country needs authentic leaders from the people, in Congress and in the White House, who recognize the value and humanity of undocumented immigrants who struggle vigorously for full and unconditional legalization that will allow for permanent legal residency.

Our demands are:

A. No to the proposal HR4437 and its cowardly version, the S2611.

B. No to the militarization of the borders and consequent increasing deaths.

C. No to the criminalization of immigrants and their supporters.

D. No to the temporary guest workers programs that are nothing but plans for modern slavery.

E. Yes to a full legalization that grants permanent legal residency without conditions.

F. Yes to total respect for the civil liberties and human rights of immigrants.

G. Yes to a moratorium on forced deportations.