[lbo-talk] anti-Kinky (Friedman, not sex)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Sep 7 18:15:25 PDT 2006

Michael Pollak wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > I've been voting for 34 years now, and except when I was pretty young,
> > never expected it to change anything. Wonder why I keep doing it.
>
> I imagine it's for the same reason most of us political motormouths to it.
> Because it's easier than not voting.
>
> There is a large class of people who will rag on you if answer the question
> "Who did you vote for?" with answer "I didn't." You could argue with them,
> if you wanted. You could beat them even. But it's more work than voting.
> Or at so you probably concluded early on and now it's habit.

Really? The last time I voted was 1964, and it hasn't been any trouble at all. I registered to vote in the '88 primary, & have gone to the polls off & on to keep my registration alive, but merely cast a blank ballot. I voted from '52 through '64, but came to my senses after the invasion of the Dominican Republic.

Carrol